Milers Menu: Anaerobic Speed
🧨 High velocity running is of special interest for 800m and 1500m racing 🏃🏽♂️🏃🏼♀️ 💨
🧨 The anaerobic metabolism (without oxygen) enables high amounts of energy output 🔥 in short periods of time for high velocity running/ sprinting
🧨 The ability to supply high amounts of energy anaerobically can be increased by high speed intervals. To keep speed high, longer recovery periods are necessary
🧨 The flip side of highly anaerobic work is increasing acidity 🧪 of our muscles eventually hindering muscle contraction and causing us to stop running🧨 Lactate is an indicator for energy being supplied anaerobically but is not the actual cause for muscular acidity (its the number of H+ ions) ⚡️
🧨 The aerobic metabolism (with oxygen) can help clear lactate from muscle and use it as an energy supply
15 mins warmup // drills // 4-6 strides
5x 400m, 1500m race pace, 3min jog // 4x 200m, 800m race pace, 2min jog
30min cool down // 2nd session 40min easy run
Milers Menu: Hill Reps
First up: Hill Reps💥
- High intensity workout for a big boost of your VO2max and strength endurance.
- Rely on perceived exertion (feeling) for proper pacing. If the first reps are tough already, you‘re probably too fast.
- Stack your reps in multiple sets to reduce muscular fatigue.
- Uphill Running reduces impact but activates additional muscles mass (hamstrings/ glutes)
- Warm-Up properly and give the legs a good stretch afterwards
- don’t forget to smile 😁 #smilers
15 minutes warm-up | drills & strides
3x 5x 40 seconds uphil | jog down | 3 minutes set recovery
20 minutes cool-down| mobilisation